The presentation will provide insight into how top firms are building strong leadership teams that are transforming their organization and creating a competitive advantage.
Professional services firms typically excel at the technical aspects of designing, developing and implementing solutions but often fail at creating a culture and environment where employees are developed and equipped to lead. Firms must do more than develop good managers. They must create strong leaders. These are leaders that have the necessary soft skills that create a willing group of followers. The best leaders are able to retain the best and brightest talent. They attain high levels of employee engagement and development.
Ralph will share insights and provide best practices to help attendees increase their leadership effectiveness and achieve greater personal and professional success.
- The importance of values and ethics to create a culture
- The leader as an internal change and growth agent
- The role of soft skills and E.Q. for building trust
- The role of collaboration, recognition, diversity and empowerment
- The core competencies of highly effective leaders
“If you think you’re leading but no one is following, then you are only talking a walk.” John Maxwell
Additional resources: http://www.kison.com/category/leadership/